March 12, 2019
The email marketing planets have finally aligned, and low-and-behold, the Mailchimp and Autopilot integration is finally upon us. Connect Mailchimp’s email capabilities with all your favorite marketing apps — all on a single, visual customer journey canvas.
If you're a Mailchimp user, you're in for a treat — you can now do things with Autopilot you couldn't do before:
- Automatic two-way syncing between your Mailchimp and Autopilot lists
- The ability to nurture your Mailchimp subscribers through Autopilot's visual, multi-channel journeys
- Smart segmentation of your Mailchimp audiences through Autopilot journeys
- The power to add your Mailchimp subscribers as leads in your CRM
Excited? We're only just getting started. Your email marketing strategy will be better than ever once you take advantage of Autopilot's integrated features. We've launched 4 MailChimp shapes that are available on your canvas right now — here's what they are, and what they can do to make your email marketing better.
Trigger: Subscribed to Mailchimp List
Trigger journeys when a contact subscribes to your Mailchimp newsletters, allowing you to take full advantage of Autopilot's features. Send your subscribers on multi-channel journeys that include:
- Smart segmentation based on behavior and/or demographics
- Automated notifications via email, SMS, slack and more
- Adding subscribers as leads in your CRM
- Integration with Facebook or Google Ads audiences, so you can nurture subscribers via advertising
Trigger: Unsubscribed from Mailchimp List
Trigger journeys when a contact unsubscribes from your Mailchimp newsletters, and keep your business well within email opt-in guidelines. By removing contacts from journeys triggered by your Autopilot lists, you can ensure they won't receive any more communications from channels triggered by that list.
You'll be hard pressed to find a system that's as easy-to-use for multi-channel unsubscriptions — including email!
Action: Subscribe to Mailchimp List
Use this action to subscribe a contact to your Mailchimp list in an Autopilot journey. You can now subscribe contacts to your Mailchimp lists using Autopilot features and integrations such as Forms, SMS messages, Typeform, Instapage, LiveChat tags, and more.
Some great use cases include:
- When a customer asks to subscribe to your mailing list over LiveChat, you can use the LiveChat Tag shape to trigger a journey that subscribes them to your Mailchimp list
- Use an in-app Headsup message to ask your visitors if they'd like to opt-in to your newsletter. The ones that say yes will be subscribed to your Mailchimp list
- Use Autopilot's Forms integration to create a beautiful opt-in form for your newsletter. Visitors that fill it out can be added directly to a Mailchimp list, and thanks to the Autopilot tracking code, will become known users for future marketing efforts!
Action: Unsubscribe from Mailchimp List
This action is perfect for ensuring contacts that unsubscribe from lists across your Autopilot journeys are also unsubscribed from your Mailchimp lists. Regardless of whether contacts unsubscribe via SMS, email, webform or otherwise, you can set this journey up to ensure they're removed from your Mailchimp list.
A match made in email heaven!
Autopilot's Mailchimp integration will allow you to do more with Mailchimp than ever before. Get access to your favorite marketing apps and connect them to Mailchimp — all on a single, visual customer journey canvas.