October 25, 2018
Multichannel Marketing Examples
Multichannel marketing is the practice of engaging with audiences across every communication channel available — digital or otherwise.
With trends pointing toward increases in multichannel engagement, it's no surprise advertisers are trying to be everywhere at once. Internet users spend three to four times more when they are targeted across multiple channels, rather than a single channel. This makes multichannel marketing not just a good idea, but a critical one to increase revenue.
According to a survey conducted by SAP, 74 percent of businesses increased sales with a multichannel strategy, while 64 percent increased customer loyalty and acquisition.
What is a channel, anyway?
A channel can be a medium, network, device or place. Some examples of channels include:
- Mobile phone
- Social media
- Direct mail (drop-letters, postcards, etc.)
- Outdoor ad (billboards, posters, etc.)
Why multichannel marketing is important
Audiences are increasingly using the above avenues to take a multichannel path to purchase. By considering the way people are interacting with your brand, you can make the transition between channels as seamless as possible.
Identifying channels before creating a customer journey creates a smooth transition from interested lead to paying customer. To help you get started, it’s essential that you keep your eyes on what's trending. Here's a hint: there's a reason you're always hearing 'mobile-first' in marketing blogs.
Some interesting statistics regarding multichannel customer journeys:
- 90 percent of Facebook's daily active users are on mobile. These users also engage on other channels
- 65 percent of users start their path to purchase on mobile, and 61 percent of those users end up converting on a desktop device
- Mobile and desktop use dominate workdays and weekends, while television only becomes competitive during the evenings
The three most common multichannel marketing challenges
With a wide range of considerations at hand, multichannel marketing is complex. You'll often go head-to-head with challenges like:
Centralizing your data: in order to effectively recognize trends and behaviors in your audience, you need to centralize your data. Data that is fragmented or appears in many places is hard to refresh, update and analyze. Use an Autopilot CRM integration like Salesforce to keep your data centralized.
Creating personalized messaging: you won't get anywhere targeting your audience with uniform messages. Take a personalized approach and communicate when your audience is receptive and willing to engage. Tailored messaging doubles click-through rates, with 71 percent of users saying they prefer personalized ads.
Response attribution: it's important to know which channels or campaigns have resulted in a conversion or sale. Track triggers and engagement so you can better understand the success and failure of your strategies.
Make multichannel marketing happen
With new communication platforms hitting the market daily, multichannel marketing isn't going anywhere.
Without the right software and approach, it can feel like too much to handle There are thousands of platforms, marketing tools and integrated products saturating the market, so the question is: which one do you choose?
Using an integrated software solution like Autopilot helps ease the burden of managing multichannel marketing strategies.
With Autopilot you can:
- Make multichannel marketing painless with an easy-to-use drag and drop interface;
- Reach customers across popular channels like SMS, desktop/mobile websites, social media and email;
- Automate seamless transitions between channels, so your customers can complete their path to purchase over multiple devices;
- Track useful insights and conversion rates;
- Integrate with CRMs and analytics tools; and
- Implement free templates for marketing automation
Marketing across multiple channels is essential in today's ever-evolving market. To create effective customer journeys that span across devices, platforms and networks don't forget to visit our templates library.