November 21, 2018
In 2018, content personalization is an important part of any marketing strategy. Customers are expecting you to be a mind-reader — ever increasingly demanding relevant content and recommendations.
Frustratingly enough, many companies are still lagging behind in the personalization game. Generic advertising messages (including the dreaded "batch-and-blast" email) lack two key ingredients that are critical in the current landscape: relevancy and timing.
We're here to give you the low-down on why personalized content works.
1. 88% of US marketers reported seeing measurable improvements due to personalization — with more than half seeing a lift greater than 10%(Evergage)
2. 94% of marketers and 90% of agencies agree that “personalization of the web experience is critical to current and future success." (Monetate)
Research shows that marketing professionals agree that personalization is essential for success. The same study shows that many are struggling with technological issues. Skip the long, technical setup and get started with Autopilot's data enrichment template.
3. 58% of marketers said, “original written content” is the most important type of content, outdoing visuals and videos. (Social Media Examiner)
Original written content tracks best for SEO and can be used for rich descriptions and voice search.
4. 78% of U.S. Internet users said personally relevant content from brands increases their purchase intent. (Marketing Insider Group)
The modern customer is in full control of their own customer journey. Marketers need to compete for their attention by providing content that fits in with their experience and expectations.
5. Individual customer stakeholders who perceived content to be tailored to their specific needs were 40% more willing to buy from that supplier than stakeholders who didn’t. (Harvard Business Review)
Personalized content can be aimed towards your target audience to better fit their needs. This stimulates positive brand association and trust. Autopilot lets you build smart customer segments to send the right content to the right audiences.
6. Display images throughout your content. The demand for infographics has increased 800% in the past year. (Unbounce).
Images and infographics break up your written content and make it easier to digest. Ensure to follow tried and tested SEO techniques to get the most out of your content. Google SEO also treats rich media diversity favorably.
7. Lack of content relevancy generates 83% lower response rates in the average marketing campaign. (Monetate)
Relevant content is the key to driving high response rates. Without it, lead generation and nurturing strategies are simply not as effective. Data-driven solutions enable you to deliver relevant content at scale.
8. Personalization can deliver five to eight times the ROI on marketing spend. (McKinsey)
Email is generating extremely high ROI for marketers thanks to technological advancements in marketing automation. With personalized emails providing the best open rates and conversions, batch-and-blast techniques are no longer relevant.
9. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates three times as many leads. (Demand Metric)
Run personalized lead generation campaigns then follow-up with personalized lead nurturing to get the best conversions possible.
10. Year-over-year growth in unique site traffic is 7.8 times higher for content marketing leaders compared to followers: 19.7% vs. 2.5% (Kapost Blog)
Drive more organic traffic from interested leads with content that is tailored to their searches and tackles their pain points.
11. 87% of surveyed consumers say that personally relevant branded content positively influences how they feel about a brand. (One Spot)
Because of the overwhelming amount of content on the internet, personalized messages stand out from the crowd. If your content is relevant and useful, customers will feel good about your brand. Capture their thoughts with an NPS to continually improve your content.
12. 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized. (Evergage)
Generic ad messages aren't working. Customers are more likely to buy from a retailer that recognizes them by name and recommends options based on purchase history or behavior. Stay at the forefront of your customer's journey.
13. Emails with personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened. (Invesp)
Addressing your customers by name and sending them emails at the right time increases open rates. Avoid email blasts by segmenting your database and creating automated email journeys. You can also take personalized messaging outside of email with dynamic SMS conversations.
14. 72% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements. (LUMA Partners)
Branded digital content speaks to your audience with more relevance than print advertisements ever could. You can also track digital insights to improve your efficiency.