December 6, 2018
For years, we’ve championed a best-of-breed solution for marketing automation. We’ve provided customers with unbundled solutions, giving you the power to choose the right app for the right job — whether that be Pipedrive, Twilio or LiveChat.
Today, 64% of businesses are using cloud apps like the ones mentioned above, with an average of 13 apps per business (PieSync). While using a different app for every task may optimize the customer experience, it also starts building islands of isolated data. As customer data disperses through each of your apps, you may begin to duplicate data and form inconsistencies between your sales and marketing teams.
Traditionally, syncing your data from sources like your CRM, support desk and mobile device has been a manual process. But it doesn't have to be anymore. At Autopilot, we’re announcing the launch of the PieSync integration to give you an automatic, two-way sync between the apps you use and love the most.
What is PieSync?
PieSync is an intelligent 2-way (bi-directional) sync that allows you to easily consolidate customer contacts from multiple apps, giving you a 360° view of your customers. This means that information can be shared freely between whatever apps you choose, keeping your data up to date.
The PieSync-Autopilot integration helps your apps communicate and open the flow of data, so there’s one central source of truth. You can keep your whole team on the same page across apps and devices — giving you the foundation to truly scale your data for growth.
Smart syncing — a better way to export/import data
Every time you add or update a contact in Autopilot, it’s automatically synced with your other apps, and vice versa. No need to manually import or export data ever again.
Syncing leads between your apps creates automatic workflows in which your contacts are differentiated for marketing and sales purposes. When details change in your CRM, they are automatically updated without triggering an action. Contact data is aligned in your CRM and within Autopilot.
For example, you might be using Pipedrive as your CRM and Google Contacts as a contact management tool. Both apps store their own contact lists, and customer information can be accessed on email and your mobile device. To avoid copying and pasting data across devices and apps, PieSync automatically syncs any additions or changes between both contact lists, removing manual processes and duplicates.
How to get started
It’s easy to get started with PieSync as there’s no coding required. All you need to do is create an account, configure your apps and sit back as you watch your customer data automatically sync.
Here are five quick steps to get you started with PieSync:
1. Add Autopilot as a connection in PieSync, browse the list of available apps and choose the tools you use in your marketing stack.
2. Select a secondary app and authorize both applications to create a sync.
3. Choose a content type (if applicable). This step is required for apps that provide multiple entities for contacts. A common example is a CRM that supports both “leads” and “People.”
4. Configure either a one-way or two-way sync. Below is an example of a default sync that will sync all contacts both ways. This functionality is also customizable by using filters and actions.
5. Configure field mapping and start syncing by adding default or custom fields.For more information about PieSync or to start syncing your customer data, visit the PieSync integrations page.